Monday, August 25, 2014

The MTV 2014 Women and Metros Music Awards

Last night I flipped to the 2014 MTV VMAs while J watched the Riders defeat BC on the iPad. But, that doesn't mean my hubby didn't make comments that showed his age, which is too-old-for-the-current-VMAs years old.


Considering the fact that I was watching an award show without a twitter feed (Whaaa?), surprisingly I just sat and watched and didn't say much, except:
A - Ohhh. I like this song.
A - Ok, I'll go shower after this. . .
A - Wait, I'll watch this and then shower.
A - Man, there's a lot of boob tonight. Guess that's the style. 
Which was followed by a reply:
J - Thats not even good boob. Who is that?
A - Demi Lavato.
J - Exactly.
Sorry, Demi. I thought you rocked the deep, wide open, plunging neckline, and Kim, too. So after a run of comments regarding 5 Seconds of Summer and Sam Smith:
J - Who is this teen so full of angst? Wasn't this a band called Plain White T's? (Proceeds to mumble-sing, Hey There Delilah)
J - (After a moment with Sam Smith explaining his muse - his life) Why do I want to hear his story? 
 (Ten mins. later) 
J - Who's that? Oh yeah, the guy whose music is his story.
A - Ok, I'm going to watch Maroon 5 and then head up to shower.

Maroon 5 comes on, and Adam Levine hits the first notes of Maps that's in an octave I can't even hit when I stub my toe:

J - Where are all the men in music today? Ok, I'm done. (A whole 2 seconds pass). Why are the all pansies? Ok. Done.

I get up to leave, but Miley just won video of the year and sends some guy up to accept for her.
A - Nope. I HAVE to see what she's up to sending this guy up there.
J - (As Miley dramatically huffy puff cries, I think) Did she just wipe away mouth crud? She has mouth crud.

Finally, I get up to head upstairs.
J - I only liked Iggy Azalea. And I don't even like how she pronounces some words. 

Stay Tuned.
He's only going to get older and less hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment