Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chubby-cheeks Ben and Boo Buscemi

Good morning. Here are just a couple of quick bits from Sunday night football and Boardwalk. I was hoping for some interesting A and J dialogue once we started this season of Boardwalk Empire. The truth is, we just sit, in silence. Occasionally there is a, "Did that happen in real life?" But, that's about it. The tone of the show is written in such a way that I feel like I have to be quiet. It's just that good. But this guy from the New York Observer explains it waaaay better:
Sometimes Boardwalk Empire reminds me of that girl in school who seems normal and fun and then you go over to her house for a playdate and they have a million crosses and pictures of the crucifixion everywhere and when you go wash your hands you see psalms written in the bathroom mirror in what you hope to be lipstick and you want to call your mom but you don’t know if the house has a phone and the sandwiches taste weird and when you go to play Barbie, your friend is holding a decapitated Ken doll in her lap and wants to play Saint Catherine of Siena versus the Devil and guess which one you are? And you’re like “I think it’s time to go home…” and she’s is all, “Wretch that I am! John the Baptist never sinned and was sanctified in his mother’s womb!” And the doorbell rings and she starts lashing herself with a Nerds Rope, crying “I have committed so many sins…” and you’re like “Jesus at this point I’d watch The Newsroom, just get me out of here.”

Which is all to say: I really hope Boardwalk Empire isn’t going to keep on this devout Christian kick, because it’s starting to creep me out.
And that! is why we watch in silence.

Just before Boardwalk began, we caught a little Sunday night football. That's when judgmental J came out:
J - Ben's looks good, trim. (referring to Ben Rothlisberger)
A - Last week you made a smart ass comment about how he didn't look good.
J - Well, his face still looks chubby, but his body looks slimmer. 
Sorry, Ben, you just have one of those faces. And to continue his judgements, the theme for Boardwalk begins and:
J - I saw this old school picture of Steve Buscemi. He might actually look better now.
A - He looks likes a character from To Kill A Mockingbird. (I was thinking along the lines of, maybe, like if Boo Radley had a son).
vulture.com
Ok, so maybe I jumped on the judgmental panel as a guest judge. But. . .

theoldmoviehouse.blogspot.com
And speaking of judging, THE VOICE STARTED THIS WEEK!! I'm sure J will be quite judgemental in the weeks to come as he "doesn't watch" this show.

Stay Tuned,
A and J

No comments:

Post a Comment